3o-year-old father covered in mud

Mudslide

Deadly mudslides took place in California where officials confirmed that a 30-year-old family man had been reported missing since the landslide flowed through Montecito. The county sheriffs confirmed that the man known as Pinit Sutthithepa had a two-year-old daughter by the name Lydia and she was missing too. Sutthithepa’s body was recovered on Saturday afternoon.

The 30-year-old also had a son peerawat, aged six years and his father in law Richard Loring who was aged 79 years. The father in law and the son are also among the 20 people that perished in the mudslides, but their bodies have not yet been recovered. Relevant authorities say that more than four people continue missing including Sutthhithepa’s two-year-old daughter.

Friends who knew sutthithepa eulogized him as a nobleman who initially emigrated from the Republic of Thailand leaving his two children and wife behind. They regarded him as a caring husband and father because he used to send the family money every year as he profoundly hoped that he would bring them to the US.

The relevant recovery team is gradually making progress by trying to move the collapsed boulders and digging large masses of mud which may have tumbled vegetation and trees in the coastal reserve. The officials said that they are extra cautious enough removing debris from the creek canals to avoid another possible calamity in case the next rainstorm come falling.

Justin Cooper, a rescue official, said that the rescue mission is still intensified and that their hopes are high that they will recover someone who is alive. He further admitted that the chances of doing so are becoming slim as time tickles.
Justin also thanked the well-wishers who are working tirelessly to make sure the mission is a success. He also confirmed that with 900 emergency personnel who arrived on Saturday there would be a thorough search. He is hopeful that in the process they may recover the bodies of Sutthhithepa’s father in law and the daughter.

The U.S Navy, federal agencies, and the American Red Cross were not left behind. They said they are committed to ramp-up the recovery efforts in response to the urgent desires for new workforce made during at the beginning of the week.

Officials also urged residents in southern Montecito to vacate their homes for a period of about two to three weeks. Many welcomed this plea positively and had fled to Carpenteria. Nash who is a resident at Carpinteria confirms that they have received the people from southern Montecito though they are not capable of managing the large numbers. They are also not able to report to their respective workplaces because the roads have been vandalized.

Tags: 
Categories: 

Health